you must read'

The Present perfect vs The Present Perfect Continuous

Grammar:  Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous


šŸ“Œ We use the Present Perfect Continuous for an action that started in the past and still continues in the present. 


have / has + ( Not)


Been


verb + ing


Example:

We haven't been doing much in our free time.


He hasn't been playing basketball on the court.


 šŸ“Œ To talk about a repeated action in the past, we must use the present perfect, not the present continuous.

Example:

I've eaten my food already 


I've been eaten my food already.



šŸ“Œ If you're using for or since to indicate a specific period of time in the past, you can use the Present Perfect and also the Present Perfect Continuous. They have the same meaning!

Example: 

You have been playing baseball since you were a child.

=

You have played baseball since you were a child.



šŸ“Œ Sometimes some sentences do not indicate a specific time in the past. Use the Present Perfect Continuous for an action that is still happening. Use the Present Perfect for a completed action. These two sentences have different meanings.

Example:

I have been reading GraceFit's blog. I'm really enjoying it. ( the action is ongoing.) (You are still reading the blog.)

=/

I have read GraceFit's blog. It was excellent ( the action is complete)(You finish reading the blog) 


 šŸ“Œ To emphasize that an action has been happening in the recent past up to now, use words like lately and recently with the  Present Perfect Continuous.


Example: 


I've been working out a lot recently.
Recently I've been working out more.


šŸ“Œ As with other continuous tenses, do not use stative verbs like ( hear, like, and own) with the Present Perfect Continuous. Use the
Present Perfect instead. 

Example:


I have been owning that car for seven years.


I have owned that car for seven years.


šŸ“Œ If you want to talk about a repeated action in the past, use the
Present Perfect, not the Present Perfect Continuous.


I've been taking this test two times already.


I've taken this test two times already.


Videos:




Tal vez te interesen estas entradas